Sophim MC 30 - Sophim MC 300
Versatile cosmetic and pharmaceutical base oils with excellent feel, spreading, penetrating and waterproofing properties.
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (INCI name) is a polymer with branched chains aliphatic hydrocarbon structure, without ring structure. It is also called Liquid Isoparaffin (Japanese name).
Thanks to Sophim’s high performance technology, it has a very low iodine value.
Sophim Hydrogenated Polyisobutene is now available in two grades :
- Sophim MC 30 : liquid
- Sophim MC 300 : viscous
MC 30 and MC 300 have made Sophim a major European manufacturer of Hydrogenated Polyisobutene.
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene cosmetic properties
- Colorless, odorless, tasteless
- Totally stable versus oxidation
- Stable across the pH range
- MC 300 is an effective waterproofing agent
- Enhances SPF retention after water exposure
- Soluble in main sunscreen filters
- MC 30 has excellent spreadability and fast penetration into the skin
- Emollient, moisturizer, restore skin suppleness
- Prevents Insensible Water Loss (IWL)
- Miscible with lipophilic substances
- Soft feel, non greasy
- Easily emulsifiable
- Pigment dispersing agent for decorative cosmetics
- Non comedogenic
- Non irritant, non toxic, full inocuity
Incorporation of Sophim Hydrogenated Polyisobutene
The percentage of incorporation varies from proportions of 2 % to 45 %.
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene uses in cosmetics
Hereafter are some indicative possible uses of Hydrogenated Polyisobutene in cosmetic and pharmaceutical formulations :
- Hydrating creams
- After shave balms
- Color cosmetics
- Acne creams
- Hair grooms
- Sunscreen formulations
- Hair relaxers
- Baby care
- Cleansing creams
- Shaving gels
Those advices don’t exclude the use of Hydrogenated Polyisobutene in other cosmetic or pharmaceutical products.
Viscosity of MC30 / MC300 mixtures
cP : viscosity measured in centipoises with a Brookfield viscometer